I have a confession to make. As much as I love the idea of giving back to my community and helping others–I don’t do it nearly as often as I should. It’s not because I don’t want to. Mostly, I just forget. With a thousand things on my plate every day, sometimes it can be really hard to cram an extra one in. I bet you have the same problem too sometimes.
That’s why I’m so excited to tell you about this new website I just found out about–Giving Assistant. Giving Assistant makes helping others SUPER easy, and you even get a little cash back yourself.
Not only do you earn cash back every time you shop, but you also get $5 for FREE just for signing up! (Gotta love that!)
*This review post is sponsored by Giving Assistant and contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
How Giving Assistant Works
Big brands like Kohl’s, Amazon, Carters, Jo-Ann Fabrics, and Macy’s are always looking for ways to bring in more customers. One of the ways they do this is by parterning with sites like Giving Assistant. Giving Assistant brings the stores traffic, and the stores pay Giving Assistant a commission in exchange. Part of that money goes to charity and part of it goes back to you!
How Giving Assistant is Different
Giving Assistant may not be the only cashback site out there, but it is certainly the only one of its kind that I’ve seen.
- For every coupon used, Giving Assistant donates one meal to a needy family in America through the nonprofit organization Feeding America.
- You choose the charity you want to support. There are tons of options, including: Stand Up to Cancer, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Compassion International and many, many more.
- You also choose which percent of your earnings you want to keep and which percent you want to give away.
- The amount of cashback you earn varies by retailer, but currently, you can find anything from one to an amazing 85% back!
- The minimum cashout requirement is only $1.00.
- Turn around time on your cashback is super fast–usually within 72 hours.
- Signing up and using the site is free, simple, safe and easy.
- AND you get $5 for free–just for signing up!
How to Use Giving Assistant
1. Visit the site and enter your email to sign up.
2. Choose the percentage of your cashback that you’d like to donate and the percentage that you’d like to keep.
3. Choose your charity.
4. Use the search box to search for your favorite store, or click “1,050 Cash Back stores” to see a list of options. There are TONS of great stores to choose from, including popular companies such as Kohl’s, Amazon, Carters, Jo-Ann Fabrics, and Macy’s.
5. Click “Activate X% cash back now” or click on a coupon/special offer to visit the site.
6. Shop like normal.
7. Get cash back fast!
My Personal Giving Assistant Review
I recently used Giving Assistant to make a purchase from Kohl’s. I found the sign-up process to be incredibly quick and user-friendly. The process was very, very smooth, the site looks like it has great customer service, and I got my cash back credited to my account very quickly.
Sure, I didn’t make a lot from this one transaction, but I only bought a $4.00 shirt on clearance for the purpose of this Giving Assistant review. I can definitely see the money adding up quickly if you do any kind of online shopping on a regular basis or if you have any large purchases you need to make!
(This would be awesome at Christmas time!)
I also loved the huge selection of stores you could choose from as well as the great selection of very reputable charities you could give back to. No matter what cause you want to support–I’m guessing you could find your charity as an option. I had no difficulty finding a great store or a great charity–there are so many to choose from!
Would I personally recommend Giving Assistant? Absolutely! If you’re looking for a way to help out your community and make a little extra money back yourself, Giving Assistant is the perfect way to do just that. Plus, signing up is free and easy–and you get a free $5 credit just for signing up!
Why not sign up and try it out today? Who knows what great deal you could find?
(Plus the free $5 is guaranteed!)