Father’s Day is only 10 days away. Have you gotten your husband a Father’s Day gift yet? If you haven’t, don’t panic. There’s still time to get your husband a truly awesome gift that he’s sure to love. A gift that’s fun, unique, and easy to wrap–a professional online massage class. (Fun, right? He’ll love it.)
I have to admit, when Denis offered to send me a copy of the MELT Massage Video Series in exchange for my honest review, I was pretty excited. I have ZERO confidence when it comes to giving massages, and as a result, I pretty much never give my husband back rubs, even though he gives them to me fairly often. Now that we’ve been married more than a couple years, it’s high time that I return the favor, right?
Of course, my husband was more than willing to be my guinea pig 🙂 So, one last night week, we put the kids to bed, shut off the TV, and settled in together to watch and learn.
About the MELT Video Series
The MELT Video Series is done by a husband and wife team, Denis and Emma. Denis is a professional message therapist with degrees in Acupuncture and remedial massage. He’s run his own clinic, sold out workshops, served over 9,000 couples, and had clients including well-known celebrities such as Pearl Jam, Art Garfunkel, The Pussycat Dolls, Flo Ryda, and James Earl Jones. Now, he’s using his MELT Video Series to help couples all over the world find benefits like more intimacy, deeper connections, stronger trust… three things every marriage could use more of. You can see both Denis and Emma in the videos.
The video series consists of several short video clips, which you can watch one at a time or all in a row. Start out with the introductory videos, which will help you get just the right set up to avoid common mistakes, and then launch right on in to the instructional videos, which teach you one massage technique at a time. After you’ve mastered the techniques in one set, put them all together in a massage routine you really can do! There are 34 videos altogether, broken into an introduction and three series.
While you could watch all of the videos in a row, I recommend just doing one series at a time–at most–so you can really practice the techniques before moving on. Plus, you might just get distracted doing other things 😉
What I Love About the MELT Video Series
- The short, easy-to-follow videos make learning how to give a massage fun and easy. Trust me, if I can do it, you can do it! It’s completely not intimidating.
- They are extremely professional. Denis is a professional massage therapist with 15 years of experience and it shows.
- They aren’t scandalous at all. There’s no nudity, no awkward moments, nothing questionable… just a simple back rub tutorial (though my husband and I did laugh about the “sexy swish” technique 🙂 ) If you want your back rub to lead to something else, by all means, but you won’t see any of that in these videos.
- They are a great way to really connect with your spouse! It was SO nice to put away the computer, turn off the TV, remove all distractions and just focus on each other for a little bit. Definitely something we need to do more of!
- The videos are short–but there are a lot of them. This allows you to focus on one technique at a time, so you don’t get too overwhelmed. Go at your own pace, and do as much or as little as you’d like.
Overall, my husband and I enjoyed the MELT Massage Video Course very much. It’s not often (ever!) that he gets to relax while someone massages him, and I was happy to do it, since the videos made it so simple and unintimidating.
If you want to show your husband how truly special he is to you this Father’s Day (or if you’re running out of time and need a great gift idea!), I would highly recommend this video series!