Post by Brittany Ann  |  last updated November 21, 2016  |  2 Comments

I was trying to enjoy a rare dinner out with my husband, but I kept getting distracted by the TV over in the corner. The screen was full of angry protesters as the media kept the rest of the country up-to-date on the riots. Oakland, Baltimore, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Miami, Portland… I couldn’t even keep up anymore. [Continue Reading]

Post by Brittany Ann  |  last updated August 24, 2016  |  10 Comments

You know how there are some posts that leave you feeling all warm and gooshy inside? This is not one of those posts. This is one of those posts that will kick you in the pants, shake up your faith and stick with you for a while. This is one of those posts that, for [Continue Reading]

Post by Brittany Ann  |  last updated August 17, 2016  |  30 Comments

A few weeks ago, I received the following reader question: Do you have any good reads or articles on struggling with women friendships? I have struggled my whole life, and right now am really feeling low, and just want to give up and run away–literally–from my town. Basically, I live in a small town where [Continue Reading]

Post by Brittany Ann  |  last updated June 1, 2016  |  8 Comments

Guest Post It was 8:00 pm on Valentine’s Day when my husband and I heard a knock that would bring our world crashing down. Before the Marines on our front doorstep had a chance to say a word, I knew. The words slipped out of my mouth before I could stop them, “He’s dead, isn’t he?” Their [Continue Reading]

Post by Brittany Ann  |  last updated May 23, 2016  |  3 Comments

Pop quiz time: Your friend is going through a really though time. Perhaps she’s getting a divorce. Perhaps she’s dealing with depression or with an eating disorder. Or perhaps she has a child with special needs and it’s really taking a toll. How do you respond? If you’re like most people, you’re probably a little uncertain. [Continue Reading]

Post by Brittany Ann  |  last updated December 9, 2015  |  11 Comments

Are you one of the many people who shows up at church week after week to listen and learn without ever stepping up and helping out? According to an article on Christianity Today, the number one reason why people don’t help out at church is because they feel useless, or don’t know what they can [Continue Reading]