Do you ever have those evenings when you want something healthy and delicious for dinner, but you already know you won’t have time to cook?
Maybe it’s Wednesday nights when you’re headed to church or Thursday nights when you’re busy with the church softball league?
If so, this Crock Pot Chicken, Mushroom and Green Bean Casserole recipe is absolutely perfect.
Not only is it deliciously filling, but it is also incredibly easy as well.
I’ve actually been making this recipe for several years now, ever since my oldest was a baby, and it’s always been one of my favorite chicken casserole recipes. I would make it on nights I had to work, because I could prepare it in advance, and then it would be ready for my husband when dinner rolled around. These days I usually make it on a busy weeknight or even on a Sunday morning so it will be just about ready when we walk in from church.
No matter how many times I’ve made this recipe, my family never grows tired of it! It’s fancy enough for a holiday get-together, yet simple enough for your average weeknight meal. It has plenty of nutritious veggies in it, but it tastes way more like comfort food than health food.
This recipe has morphed a lot over the years, thanks to tweaks both my husband and I have made. Now, it’s better than ever. If you love good home cookin’ – especially crock pot green bean casserole – you’re going to love this Chicken, Mushroom and Green Bean Casserole recipe!
Chicken, Mushroom and Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Total Cook Time: 3 – 3.5 Hours
3 chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cans green beans, drained
1.5 cups baby portobello mushrooms, diced
1 package french fried onions
1. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set on High for 2.5 to 3 hours.
2. Once the chicken is no longer pink, remove it to a plate or bowl and shred it with two forks. Drain the juices from the slow cooker.
3. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker. Add soup, green beans and mushrooms. Stir.
4. Sprinkle french fried onions over top of green bean casserole. Cook on High for 30 more minutes.
Recipe adapted from Our Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes Cookbook (affiliate link)
Latest posts by Brittany (see all)
- Unequally Yoked Marriage? Here’s What to Do When Your Spouse isn’t a Believer - August 14, 2017
- 2017 Equipping Godly Women Reader Survey Results - August 3, 2017
- How to Find Comfort in Jesus - July 18, 2017